View all Courses
Unfortunately we have no accommodation, but there some great places around to suit all budgets.
Create traditionally hand carved spoons from British hardwood
A one day course with Paul Brayshaw of the Greenwood Workshop learning the art of spoon carving in the beautiful setting of the Blackmore Vale.
This one day course will teach you how to create your own spoon, using simple hand tools. This skill can be practiced anywhere, anytime!
The day will run from 9-30 to 5-00 and will focus on;
- Wood selection, teaching you the different qualities of British Hardwood species
- Axe and knife techniques including safe and efficient use of axes, straight and hooked knives.
- Various knife grips, from shaping a spoon blank to finishing cuts
At the end of the day you will take home at least one spoon to use, and the basic skills to carry on practicing in your own time.
Project Day Cost
£65.00 including all project materials and tools to use on the day
Tea, coffee and cake all included , you will need to bring a packed lunch.
Next course dates
- Saturday 1st September 2018
- Saturday 15th September 2018
The Living Classroom, at Bonsley Wood near Durweston, Blandford. Full directions are given out with Confirmation
Please contact us to request a
place on a course, or to go on our waiting list for further dates